A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Crafts & Me Challenge ~ Anything Goes, w/ Optional "Winter" Theme.

Hi Friends,

I am here today with a Design Team card for Crafts & Me. I am using the "Child Heart" digital stamp which can be purchased from our online store. This image spoke to me as soon as the marker hit the paper which is why mine is not following the challenge's optional "Winter" Theme. Sometimes you just have to listen to that artistic instinct and this time I think it paid off.


Here is the close up of this lovely image. I looked long and hard online for a moonlit background tutorial and never really found what I wanted but got ideas from many sources. The moon's "Glow" was one of those happy "Accidents" I love the way it turned out. 


Here is the finished card. I have used a piece of silver foil paper and trim to accent the designer paper along with some mulberry paper to give the image some depth. The sentiment says "A Moment of Shared Laughter" which I thought was perfect considering the happy accident in the background.

Head on over to our Crafts & Me Facebook Group to enter this weeks challenge. We would love to see your imagination run away with you as well. 

If you like what you see it would be a great compliment if you would leave me a comment. Also consider "Following" me either by clicking "Follow me" or simply by putting your email in the email box on the left hand side of my blog. Happy crafting my friends!

I've entered this project into the following Challenges:



5 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie. Wow such gorgeous work. Awesome details and coloring. WTG!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my shining fairy at the night. It's bright the night out! stunning coloring and beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your project in Jade's Sparkling Butterflies!

    Hugs
    Lidya
    Jade's Sparkling Butterflies DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    super cute card
    thanks to participate at creative knockouts
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-creative knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and dramatic card you have made here. It fits our challenge this fortnight well of “Anything goes/all things bright and beautiful”. Thanks for taking part and good luck.

    Kym (Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete