A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Through The Craft Room Door ~ Dr. Digi House of Stamps "Cuddly Critters Penguin"

Hello There Friends,

Today Through The Craft Room Door Challenge Blog is starting a new ANYTHING GOES challenge. Our sponsor this time around is Dr. Digi's House of Stamps and I have chosen to use the "Cuddly Critters Penguin" Stamp. I was on vacation when I colored this adorable little guy up then realized when I got to working on him this evening that I didn't have any matching papers. With the deadline approaching quickly I decided to pull in blues to pull out the cool colors in the cool grey Copic markers. 

I choose this swirly background paper because it made me think of the swirly winter winds. I added some glittery snowflakes all over to give the sense of winter and snow, after all,  penguins do live in very cold climates. I used a Joy Craft Die inked with Tim Holz Distress ink to tie the image into the blues of the paper. I think this little guy came out quite cute, especially with my dilemma.
 Here is a close up of my coloring. Copic Markers used were C3, C5, & Y38


1 comment:

  1. Your blue gray colors make this card look really frosty! Perfect for your penguin! I just love it!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete